June 26, 2007

Under Cover of Darkness

Last night around midnight pacific time, Dreamliner One, in all her glory, rolled out of building 40-26 in Everett, Washington for the first time on her way, and on schedule, to the paint shop. Charles Conklin, aviation hero of the week, was there to capture the moment with his Nikon D200.

From Charles:

Had you not had the details [at Flightblogger] I probably wouldn't have gone up. By the way, I got up there around 10:15ish, saw what I thought might be it already headed over, turned out was a 777, then saw another unpainted in front of it, thought that was it, but just another 777. Then didn't see any activity and figured it was already behind closed doors. After monkeying around figured, I'll wait till midnight, sure enough back in my location someone else finally showed up who is an employee, said they were doing it right after the shift change, so right around midnight doors opened and the rest is history.
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.









12 days until roll out.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool.
Waiting for the rollout

Adrian said...

awesome. she looks great!

Lockheed said...

yes yes yes!

Anonymous said...

eventually, I couldn´t stand to see her out. anyway this is very nice aircraft

Anonymous said...

Great airplane!

By the way, if I was you, I wouldn't be betting that the tail will feature the ANA livery. More likely, it will say "787", just like the concept pictures.

It is normal (AFAIK) for the tail to be painted before it is attached, but it doesn't mean those will be the final colors.

Anyway, just letting you know... Don't be surprised if the tail says "787" on it.

Anonymous said...

Lol....Ok Chas....I see were you were hiding...err standing. Thanks for the nice pic of the plane and myself.

Bernie said...

Great job on ALL of the scoops you have had both here at on A.net. I have been an 'observer' there for years and really can't justify to 'she who must be obeyed' to sign/pay up, so thought I can comment here.
Wonderful truely WONDERFUL!
I will keep on watching and reading your blog with interest, pity it is all so far away from Sydney!
Bernie

Anonymous said...

More pics here:

http://fleetbuzz.wordpress.com/2007/06/27/history-is-coming-boeing-787-emerges/

Anonymous said...

This is a great site.

Hey b, I lurk on a.net too and dont feel compelled to pay at all.

Anonymous said...

Where are the wing lets on this supposed to be 787??

Anonymous said...

Have a look at the first and fourth photos - you can see the upturned raked wingtips (they are not the same sort of winglets you would be used to seeing up until now)

Anonymous said...

Kind of looks like a pregnant 757 !

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read articles like this. Thanks to author!

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!